Sunday, October 16, 2011

Upcoming road trip

It's that time of the year again. The leaves are falling, pumpkins getting sacrificed, NY Giants hopefully winning, and it's our unit's turn to deploy again. Soon I'll be on the 15 hour plane ride again, and not in the middle seat like last time... But not before I eat my Thanksgiving turkey, and get some serious slope time (let's just have faith in the La Nina again), matter of fact, I think I'll skip the turkey, and enjoy an extra day of skiing. They got turkey in Afghanistan. If not, there is always SPAM and hot sauce. Hot sauce makes everything better.
SRP is over, month long NTC vacation in the Mojave is a distant memory now, just getting through paperwork, and other joys of prepping for a deployment with information coming in last second. If this whole Army gig doesn't work out, I can probably work as a circus gymnast from all this "Be flexible" military readiness...Should be able to bend backwards now....

No comments:

Post a Comment